01 July 2022
The Press Service of Azerbaijan Gymnastics Federation (AGF) presents an interview with Shiran Ouaknine, the coach of Israeli Acrobatic Gymnastics Women’s National Team.
- Welcome to Azerbaijan. What is the purpose of your visit?
- The purpose of our visit to Azerbaijan is to participate in the training camp here. Members of our Women’s National Team will represent Israel within Women`s Group at the World Games to be held in the - United States. We are seriously preparing for this competition.
- How many athletes are in your team participating in the training camp?
- Our team consists of three female and four male athletes.
- How long have you been coaching?
- I have been working as a coach for 11 years. Previously, I performed as a gymnast within Women’s Pair up to the age category of seniors.
- We would like to know your thoughts on the development of Acrobatic Gymnastics in Israel.
- The development of Acrobatic Gymnastics in Israel is in the spotlight. We have many gymnasts in this gymnastics discipline. We have athletes who have won the title of the World and European champions. They have represented Israel at different competitions many times.
- Is that your first visit to Azerbaijan?
- No. I was in Baku during the World Championships three months ago and the European Games in 2015.
- By the way, how did your athletes perform at the World Championships in Azerbaijan?
- The members of our team – Women`s Group took the 3rd place in Dynamic Exercises. Men ranked 3rd two times and won one “Silver”.
- Do you like to train at “Milli Gimnastika Arenasi” (National Gymnastics Arena)?
- The arena is very big. Unfortunately, there is no such gym in Israel. We like Baku very much. You have many professional gymnasts. We really love being here.