13 February 2022
The Press Service of Azerbaijan Gymnastics Federation (AGF) presents an interview with a Silver medalist of the FIG World Cup in Trampoline Gymnastics - Seljan Mahsudova, took place in Baku on February 12 & 13.
- Selcan, first of all, congratulations on your Silver medal. Please share your impressions about the competition with us
- I am happy to win the Silver medal at the World Cup. I had been preparing for the competitions for a long time. I am glad that I borne the fruits of my work. I express my gratitude to the management of Azerbaijan Gymnastics Federation (AGF) for the conditions created for my trainings as well as to my coaches and everyone who supported me in winning this medal.
- The competitions were held according to the new rules. Wasn't it psychologically difficult for you to perform according to the new rules?
It is easier to execute on the basis of new rules. Because, now, we are given two chances to perform in the Qualifications. This creates a number of advantages for the athlete to compete confidently. For example, if the first time your routine was not executed by you as you wished, the second time you can perform the program more easily.
- How did you assess your rivals?
- My main rivals were Russian and Belarusian gymnasts. Nevertheless, my main goal was to complete my program accurately and reach the Finals. In the Final, I focused on the clean execution of the elements.
- To whom do you dedicate the victory?
- I dedicate my victory to my deceased grandmother. She helped me a lot in growing up and continuing the sport I am doing.