24 December 2014
Representatives of the Czech Republic became one of the last persons who visited the National Gymnastics Arena in the outgoing year. Coach Jarmila Zajoncova along with her students arrived in Baku to participate in the training camp in rhythmic gymnastics. Press Service of the Federation talked to the Czech coach during the time free of trainings.
As far as we know, the first time you came to Baku at the 30th European Championships in Rhythmic Gymnastics.
- Yes, I came here as a coach of junior team of the Czech Republic. I really enjoyed there, gymnastics hall is simply gorgeous and there are amazing conditions. We lived in the Olympic Village and everything was fine there, too. All this greatly inspired me. I really liked an organization of the Championships itself. In 2013, I attended the European Championships in Vienna, and of course, the Baku event was very different. Here I feel at home, I like everything here. That is why we chose Baku for training camps.
Hope you enjoyed working with our team.
- Sure, because each member of your big staff respect each other and work together. I think that this raises the level of gymnastics in your country and that is why you are showing good results. Moreover, your coaching staff help us to learn something new.
Jarmila, who did you come to Baku with this time?
- I brought three gymnasts - two of them are my students, and one is from Croatia, as we work and prepare gymnasts together.
What are your plans for the near future?
- Now, we are preparing for the championship of the Czech Republic to be held in March next year. In addition, I am preparing a junior team in group exercises to perform at the European Championships in Minsk.
What about the European Games?
- Our gymnast Monika Míčková qualified to represent the country at the Games. Unfortunately, I will not come because I am not her coach.
Have you managed to walk along our capital?
- Yes, we have visited the Palace of the Shirvanshahs, walk through the Old City, and saw Crystal Hall and the Flag Square. I really liked the city.
Do you plan to visit us again?
- Yes, we want to come with the group team in January to prepare them for the European Championships.
You are welcome!
- Thank you!